Alpha Adventures
Our passion for travel goes beyond the yearning for discovery. Ours is a reasoned, tried and tested approach to the enjoyment of a truly amazing continent..
 
 
 
Kibale Forest National Park


Kibale is an extensive National Park, protecting a large block of rainforest that offers some excellent forest for bird watching. It harbours the greatest variety and concentration of primates found anywhere in East Africa. Superb birds and primates combined with easy access, a good infrastructure and a variety of interesting activities make this forest a worthwhile Alpha Tours destination. Many of the facilities are community based, thus providing the local community with the necessary revenue to keep their interest focused on the long-term protection of the area.

The area is mainly occupied by two tribes ie Batooro and Bakiga traditionally both tribes utilised the forest for food, fuel, building materials and medicines.

About The Park
District : Kabarole. Elevation : 1110 metres to 1590 metres Size : 560 km 2 Habitat : The forested section ( 77% ) of the park is covered by medium altitude moist evergreen forest in the north and medium altitude moist semi-deciduous forest at lower altitudes in the south. The remaining 23% consist of grassland, swamps and some plantations with exotic conifers. Status : National Park since 1993 Birds Recorded : 335 species. Timing : March - May, September - November Time Required : 2 days

Key Species of Birds

Red-winged Francolin, Red-chested Flufftail, White-naped Pigeon, Green-brested Pitta, African Pitta, Joyful Greenbul, Grey-winged Robin, Abyssinian Ground Thrush, Grey-throated Flycatcher, White-bellied Crested Flycather, Masked and Black-capped Apalises, Uganda Woodland Warbler, Chestnut-winged Starling, Orange-tufted and Tiny Sunbirds, Grey-headed Olive-back
.
 
 
 
 
PACKAGES
Group Tours
Kidepo Valleys 6 days
Uganda Tour 10 days
 
Budget Tour
Gorillas & Lions 6 days
Top 3 of Uganda 8 days
Highlights of Uganda 10 days
Uganda Complete 13 days
Heart of Uganda 17 days
 
Midrange Tours
Gorillas & Lions 6 days
Top 3 of Uganda 8 days
Highlights of Uganda 10 days
Uganda Complete 13 days
Heart of Uganda 17 days
 
Luxury Tours
Gorillas & Lions 6 days
Fly the Pearl 9 days
Highlights of Uganda 10 days
Uganda Complete 13 days
Heart of Uganda 17 days
 
Specials
Active & Kite surfing 13 days
Rwenzori & Apes 17 days
 
Short Trips
Gorilla tracking 3 days
Queen Elizabeth 3 days
Kibale Forest N.Park 3 days
Murchison Falls 3 days
 
OTHER SAFARIS
Gorilla Safari 3 days
Uganda Gorilla Trek 3 days
Queen Elizabeth Tour 3 days
Kibale Forest Np 3 days
Murchison Falls Safari 5 days
Bwindi & Elizabeth 4 days
Queen & Mburo 5 days
Murchison & Kibale 5 days
Birdding Safari 7 days
Mburo & Murchison 7 days
Gorilla Safaris 8 days
Mountain Elgon Hiking 8 days
Rwanda & Bwindi 7 days
Uganda Safari 8 days
Big Game Safari 9 days
Rwenzori Mountains 10 days
Uganda Tour 11 days
Uganda Tour 12 days
Uganda & Rwanda 13 days
Primate Watch 14 days
Uganda Super Safari 15 days
Golfing Expedition 7 days
Uganda Camping Safari 14 days
 
Tailor made Tours
Uganda Family Tours 13 days
Birds of Uganda 15 days
Sustainable tourism
Practical Information
 
UGANDA HOTELS AND LODGES
 
Kampala Hotels
Entebbe Hotels
Jinja Hotels
Safari Lodges
Other Hotels By District
   
UGANDA NATIONAL PARKS
 
Bwindi National Park
Murchison Falls National Park
Queeen Elizabeth National Park
Mgahinga National Park
Kibale Forest National Park
Rwenzori Mountains NP
Jinja R.Nile & Bujagali
Kidepo National Park
Lake Mburo National Park
Mount Elgon National Park
Mout Moroto National Park
   
OUR DESTINATIONS
 
Uganda
Kenya
Tanzania
Rwanda
   
 
Uganda Safaris :::: Rwanda tours::: Tanzania ::: Kenya:::Contact us ::: Book Now
© Alpha Adventures.Vema House, Plot 63 Buganda Rd, PO. Box 31150,Kampala(Uganda),East-Africa
Tel: 0392-881-681 Mob: +256750996645 Mob: +256772691350 Mob: +256703996645 Mob: +256702889084
Skype:uganda_safaris :::Email:info@alphatouring.com :::::::: www.alphatouring.com